Translate

Monday 3 February 2014

Two Chinese Men Breaks Bottle On Nigerian Employees Head


Two Chinese nationals, Mike Jackson and
Tony Jackson, have been detained by the
State Criminal Investigation Department,
Eleweran, Ogun State, for allegedly
assaulting one of their employees at Jivan
Plastic Company.
The assaulted employee, Adeleke Owolabi,
a Mass Communications graduate from
Olabisi Onabanjo university was on his first
day at the job when he was reportedly
attacked by Mike over a minor mistake. He
was trying to defend himself when the other
Chinese national, Tony smashed a bottle on
his head.
Recounting his ordeal, Owolabi said, “I was
bringing out PVC materials out of a bag and
Mike said I was not handling the materials
properly. He kicked me and slapped me
repeatedly so I held unto his shirt to prevent
him from beating me further.
“However, his cousin, Tony, smashed a
bottle on my head and they beat me until I
fainted and woke up on the way to Makun
Police Division covered in blood.”
According to Owolabi, the police declined
arresting the Chinese men due to their
status as foreigners but after the story was
published yesterday, the police swung into
action. They went to the company in
Sagamu and whisked the suspects away.
Owolabi said, “Yes, the Chinese men have
been detained at the SCID and I am
satisfied with the action of the police so far.
I am happy that the media are helping to
ensure that the matter is not swept under
the carpet. I am not after money but I just
don’t want a situation whereby Nigerians
are treated badly by foreigners in their own
land.”
Confirming the arrest, the Ogun state Police
Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi
said, “the matter is at the SCID and we are
compiling the case files. We want to assure
members of the public that justice will
prevail.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LATEST POST