Translate

Sunday 19 April 2015

Gunmen Ransacks Jonathan's Aide Home

The private residence of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Domestic Matters, Dr. Waripamowei Dudafa, was on Saturday invaded by gunmen clad in mobile police uniform, making away with valued items.



The building which is located behind the low density Tower Hotel area of Ekeki suburb was invaded by 10 men, who stormed the residence at 8p.m.

The gunmen, according to eyewitness account, repeatedly demanded to know the whereabouts of the policemen guarding the house and when told they were not on duty, they ransacked the whole house and destroyed the safe close to Dudafa’s room.

They were said to have gained entry into the premises after telling the security men (civilians) that they were policemen from police headquarters Abuja.

On gaining entry, the invaders were said to have bound the chief gateman, one Adamu, tying his legs, his hands, covering his eyes and gagging him.

Adamu said the suspects came in two black Sport Utility Vehicles.

He said they came and banged on the door, asking “where is the security man, where is the security man? I told them I was coming. When I asked who they were, they replied they were policemen. They asked the whereabouts of the police security operatives in Dudafa residence.

“They ordered me to open the gate. I opened a small gate and saw about 10 of them. They pushed me and they gained entry into the premises. They hit my head. They tied my hands, my legs, covered my mouth and eyes with celotape. They went for my room at the security gate and asked me to show them the apartments of police security in the building.

“They also asked for Oga’s (Dudafa) house keys. I told them I did not know where they were since I was not the person keeping them. They said they would kill me if they eventually find the keys in my place. I kept quiet.”

Adamu disclosed that the armed men ransacked his room and found a bag where they found a bunch of keys which they used to gain access to the main house.

He said one of his brothers, Ibrahim, who went out came back and was taken by the gunmen to the boys quarters to access a room where a nephew of Dudafa, Preye Okoru, was sleeping.

He said he could not ascertain what they took from the house but he heard them dragging a big bag towards the gate when they were going.

It was learned that the Bayelsa State Police command when informed of the incident dispatched a patrol van of the Operation Doo Akpor and a crack team of Police detectives to the house.

Contacted the state police command spokesman, Mr. Asinim Butswat confirmed the incident. He said the information at his disposal was that the invaders were clad in military uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LATEST POST